Top New York DWI Defense Attorneys
Whether you are facing a first or subsequent driving while intoxicated (DWI) charge, our attorneys can aggressively advocate for you in court. At Sivin, Miller & Roche LLP, our attorneys are knowledgeable and skilled DWI defense lawyers. We have decades of experience and a long track record of getting favorable results for our DWI clients, including acquittals and dismissals and negotiating reduced DWI charges and penalties.
A DWI charge is enormously disruptive to a person’s life. Aside from the potential penalties that include jail time and substantial fines, it can also result in loss of driving privileges that in turn can negatively impact career and livelihood and impede a person’s ability to take care of their day-to-day responsibilities.
Our experienced attorneys are keenly aware of the many and varied ways a pending DWI charge can affect a person’s life. That’s why we pay attention to the minute details of every case, and we build a defense strategy tailored to each client’s individual circumstances.
We Can Help You Fight The Penalties Of A DWI Conviction
Depending on the circumstances, the penalties of a DWI conviction can be quite serious. After a conviction, you may face penalties such as:
- Jail time
- License suspension or revocation
- Required use of an ignition interlock device
- Required attendance at alcohol treatment programs
- Fines and court costs
- Annual reassessment fines to the Department of Motor Vehicles
- A criminal conviction on your permanent record
- The impounding of your vehicle
- Potential civil forfeiture of your vehicle
Not all charges result in a conviction. It is essential to hire a lawyer who can evaluate your case and fight to avoid or reduce the penalties.
DWI Stops And Arrests Are Not Foolproof
Our attorneys aggressively investigate the circumstances of each case and have frequently uncovered critical errors police made during DWI arrests. We have then used these errors in various ways to obtain excellent results for our clients, including suppression of evidence, dismissal of charges and reduced charges and penalties. We have successfully challenged DWI evidence in cases where:
- There was no reasonable suspicion to stop the vehicle.
- Cops were not trained adequately to administer the test.
- The police did not follow required procedures or protocols.
- The breath test machinery was not functioning properly.
- The Breathalyzer was unreliable due to poor maintenance or calibration.
- Cops coerced the suspect to take the field sobriety test (FST), blood and breath tests.
- Police failed to adequately advise a driver of the consequences of a Breathalyzer refusal.
- A medical condition caused the suspect to fail the FSTs.
It is critical to challenge a DWI charge. Police officers make crucial errors, and Breathalyzer exams are much less scientifically reliable than commonly believed. Our legal team has been challenging DWI car stops and Breathalyzer test results for many years. We know the ins and outs of the state’s criminal court system, and we will provide you the aggressive and knowledgeable representation you need.
Speak With A Qualified DWI Attorney Today
Schedule a free consultation at our New York City office by calling 800-836-3152. You may also request a complimentary case evaluation online. If you are in jail or prison, our dedicated lawyers will come to you so that you can get the answers you need.