Decades Of Experience Defending Against Weapons Charges
If you are facing a weapons charge, it is critical that you speak with a qualified attorney to discuss your options. The criminal defense attorneys at Sivin, Miller & Roche LLP, are recognized as top criminal defense lawyers in New York. As former prosecutors and experienced trial attorneys, we know the tactics the prosecution will use to try and secure a conviction. We always work meticulously to know and understand every detail of your case and to then create a compelling case strategy focused on achieving the best possible outcome in your particular situation.
We Can Help You Fight A Variety Of Charges
We have decades of experience defending clients against a wide range of weapons possession allegations and charges, including, but not limited to:
- Possession of an unlicensed firearm
- Possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime
- Possession of a stolen weapon
- Possession of a firearm by a person with a prior criminal conviction
- Possession of illegal weapons, including assault weapons, switchblades, gravity knives and electronic stun guns
- Possession of a weapon in a home or place of business
- Possession of a weapon in a motor vehicle
- Unlawful sale of a firearm
Weapons charges are aggressively prosecuted in New York and carry serious penalties that can result in substantial jail time. It is crucial that you obtain the best criminal defense representation available. In a free initial consultation, we can explain the penalties you may be facing and how we can help you fight the charges.
Your Weapon May Have Been Seized Illegally
Under the Fourth Amendment, you are protected against unreasonable searches and seizures. We have had many clients whose rights were violated after cops discovered weapons during an unconstitutional search.
In nearly all cases, evidence that is obtained illegally is inadmissible in court. This can severely weaken the prosecution’s case and could result in your charges being dropped.
The constitutionality of searches rests on a variety of factors such as:
- Whether the weapon was in plain view
- Whether there was probable cause to perform the search
- Whether the police had a warrant
- Whether the search exceeded the scope of a warrant
- Whether a warrant was issued based on probable cause
- Whether a warrant was executed in a timely manner
- Whether the police had reasonable suspicion to believe you were armed
- Whether you consented to the search
- Whether you were under arrest
At Sivin, Miller & Roche LLP, our attorneys aggressively challenge the legality of police searches. We work quickly to investigate illegal car stops, warrantless searches of apartments, vehicles and business premises and various other types of illegal and unconstitutional searches and seizures.
We routinely file thoroughly researched and written motions to suppress illegally obtained evidence, and we are always well-prepared and aggressive when cross-examining police officers and detectives at suppression hearings.
Take Control Of Your Future And Defend Your Name
You need and deserve high-quality representation from a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer. Contact our New York City office for a complimentary consultation by calling 800-836-3152. If you prefer, you may also request a free case evaluation online. We will travel to you if needed.