New York Civil Rights & Criminal Defense Lawyers

  1. Home
  2.  » Police Misconduct/Civil Rights Violations

Fighting For Those Injured By Police Misconduct

New York police play a vital role in keeping city residents safe. Unfortunately, in carrying out this task, some police officers overstep the boundaries of what is legal. When police officers break the law and abuse their duty to protect, they should be held accountable for their actions.

At the New York office of Sivin, Miller & Roche LLP, we advocate for victims of police brutality, false arrest and other civil rights violations. If you have been the victim of any civil rights violation, we can help you file a lawsuit against the New York Police Department in order to recover compensation for physical suffering, mental suffering, loss of wages, medical bills and more.

We have many decades of combined experience representing people throughout New York whose civil rights have been violated by police officers or other corrections officials.

Get Answers From Our Experienced Civil Rights Violations Attorneys

Oftentimes, people feel they have been unlawfully treated by police, but they aren’t certain. If you have experienced any of the following, you may have a case against police:

According to the New York Times, “New York City police made 97,296 forcible stops in 2002. In 2011, with crime supposedly down 80 percent since 1990, the NYPD recorded the highest number of forcible stops in its history — 685,724. These stops, while mostly of minority youth, were greater than the entire population of minorities in vulnerable age groups in the city.”

Protecting Individuals From Prison System Abuse

These cases are full of nuances that are best handled by experienced civil rights lawyers. You cannot practice civil rights law part-time. Civil rights cases make up more than 90 percent of our workload. Many of our cases are referred to us by other law firms.

If you have questions for our New York police brutality attorneys, schedule a free consultation by calling 800-836-3152, or you can use our online contact form. We offer services in Spanish and Urdu.